Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gonna be a good day.

Running (late again) out the door this morning and something told me to grab a piece of fruit.  Already had one in my bag for mid-morning snack, but was COMPELLED to grab another.  So I did.

Traffic was a breeze, made up time and got into the parking garage super early, scoring the coveted early bird rate ($7 saved!) and had enough time to run a quick errand before work.  

Walking down the block and saw a homeless man sitting on the ground, cup in front.  Vet, only one leg, not harassing, just sitting with his sign.  Smile and say - sorry - no cash - he shrugs and says "Catch me next time".

Inspiration hits.  I open my bag, and lo and behold - the orange is sitting on top!  I offer him the orange instead with a shrug of apology, and get a HUGE smile in return.  Karma works.  Must remember to pay attention to the voice in my head telling me to do simple things like grab an extra piece of fruit.

Great traffic, great parking, fabulous meeting first thing in the am.  Gonna be a good day.  I swear Karma works.

No comments:

Post a Comment