Friday, May 27, 2011

Gonna be a good day, redux

Left 15-20 minutes late today, with no fear of traffic.  In DC, in the summer, on ANY Friday, let alone a holiday Friday, traffic going OUT of the city is far and away worse than traffic going INTO the city.

I was justified in my belief in my fellow suburbanite's desire to flee the city early.  25 minute commute, and despite leaving 15-20 minutes late, was still 10 minutes before the deadline for early bird parking.  Score x2!

Gonna be a good day, again.

On a side note - I was chatting with an old com-padre (swim instructor) on the way in to work today.  I am SO grateful I made the decision to sever my ties with the old swim company that I used to work for... which shall not be named under threat of litigation. Getting calls from instructors still in their web and am grateful, grateful, grateful that I have stepped away from all that drama.  Sorry ladies, that you are still stuck in it, and crossing my fingers that you find peace with the company, or without the company.

No more drama in my life.  A very essential part of the Year of Me.  Sing it Mary J Blige.

No comments:

Post a Comment