Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back at it, after giving in to a bit of panic.

Guilty confession:  Spent time worrying about DTO's upcoming surgery and pushed off the sit ups last night.  Will rock them this morning and do another set tonight.  I promise and will update.

  • Alarm - 5:45.  Up to check weight and walk at 6 ish. 
  • Walked this morning, no doggies, so it went much faster. 
  • Stopped back by the house and picked up the doggies for an additional quick walk with them.  The were overjoyed.

Been rocking the healthy eating, and weight loss is already apparent, even after only two days.  (wahoo!) Probably only water weight, but I will take it.  Will post numbers at the end of each week so as not to surrender to daily fluctuations and annoy you with minutiae. 

Dinner last night - my absolute fav - grilled chicken with lemons, capers and artichokes.  Angel hair pasta (not much) and steamed broccoli.  Fresh berries for dessert.  Is there anything in the world that tastes better than strawberries and blueberries mixed together?  Can't wait until they are in full season.  My goodness.  Bring on the home made Jam!

Thanks to all who talked me down from my pre-surgery panic last night, especially Royetta, who actually called to make sure I wasn't hyperventilating.  She is awesome.  More on her later.  Time for morning crazy routine.  On to do sit ups and shower, then yell at my kids to hurry up.

By the way - while typing this, my hubby was feeding the kiddos and handed me a tiny bowl with part of his omelet in it.  Eggs, onions, garlic and mushrooms, just the right amount.  Awesome.  Best Husband Ever.

Update (8 am): 30 situps done.  Extra walk put in taking the kids down the nanny's house.  Baby steps, but it all adds up.

Update 2 (11 pm):  30 more situps done ftw and stress reduction.  Can feel my abs tonight, in a good way. Energy level has been great.  Healthy eating works, doesn't it?

Too fired up about tomorrow to go to bed yet.  Perhaps some Netflix instant to sooth my mind.

Catch up with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment