Monday, May 14, 2012

Guess I can't even excise my own demons on my own blog without pissing people off

Part of putting things out there on the web is a bit like climbing up a ladder.  The higher you go, the more your butt shows.  I posted something earlier today that was a curiosity to me, something that has perplexed me and many of my friends for several years.  Something that bugged me so much I finally had to comment on it and clear my mind.

In my post I referred to a person, not by name, but by description.  Someone else later told me that they thought my obsessive ramblings were mean-spirited, when they were definitely not intended to be at all.

Though this person posted their comment anonymously, which I don't respect, I respect the fact they they felt that way.  I don't like nasty rhetoric so often found in our world today and want to do nothing to add to it, so I have chosen to remove my post.

I don't want bring more nastiness into the world.  Merely typing the post has excised my demons, so its purpose has been served for my mental health.  No need for anyone else to be outraged or offended by something that I wrote.  That is never my intention.

So I censor myself, again, but I am ok with that.  Moving on.