Thursday, May 3, 2012

As the Magic Eightball says...Outlook, not so good

Ever have one of those days?  Or one of those weeks? 

My beloved boss finally departed the firm after 14 years working here, after putting up with some less than professional behavior over the past several years.  Her departure is an incredible loss of historical knowledge, that no else in management seems to acknowledge.   Whatever, the die is cast and we move on.

My first day without her was this Monday.  This entire week has been filled with crazy freak occurrence major mishaps, minor hassles and not to mention drowning in administrative screw ups and various minutia.  Not a good or productive week job wise.

Today I find that 'they' have rearranged our data storage in an effort to solve some lingering performance issues on the network, and in the process entirely removed our whole working projects file area, including all of the major, critical historical knowledge given to me by the last three departing members of my ever dwindling team.  My job has just gotten significantly harder.  Imagine suddenly having Google and Wikipedia removed from your world of research options.

Hopefully they will be able to restore the data, but the fact that it was removed at all, without any notification to our vastly diminished team, doesn't bode well.  Is this intentional?  A hint to follow in the footsteps of my boss? Are they incomptentent?  Or do they just don't give a shit?  Asking my magic eight ball and it replies 'Reply hazy, try again'.

So as for my future job stability, asking my Magic Eight ball - 'how is my future looking at my current job?' The reply may very well be 'Outlook not so good'.

Perhaps it is time to jump back in the pool for a while and hug on some little babies instead. But I will save that for tomorrow.  Today, just digging in sand, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment